Monday, December 27, 2010

All in, all done.

Got semi-official word (from the City Clerk), the incumbent has filed non-candidacy papers, so, unless there is another person keeping cards close to chest and not announcing that they intend to run, I should be unopposed.

So baring anything weird, I get to start much more seriously considering my position on the bigger picture, both in my district as well as throughout the city, and start talking with other council members, committee members, staff, and residents about various issues that I need to be aware of, lest I trip over a minefield. Knowing many of the folks in the Council already, I'm familiar with some of the things that come up among them... sometimes it's down right entertaining to watch them on TV. Should be interesting to sit among them for a change.  I'm going to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment