Sunday, December 26, 2010

How fun ever!

Little did I know how enjoyable it would be to visit with folks in the district! I spent a number of hours walking around a couple parts of the neighborhood, supposedly to get signatures for the nomination papers. I left a lot of "Sorry I missed you" notes along with some info about me on some houses. Others had people answer the door, but too busy or not interested in visiting (the Packer game was on, after all!)  And I only ran into 2 that I would call grumps.

But there was quite a few where people were extremely interested, some even bordering on eager, to visit about what I've been doing and what I want to do. Many wanted to pick my brain about things going on on Allied or the Beltline/Verona Road construction that will be happening beginning in 2012 or other things that are important to them.

All in all it was tiring and exhilarating at the same time. I'm still 3 short of the minimum 20 signatures, but it should be easy to get up to the preferred 30 in the next day or two to get them turned in with time to spare. But I'm going to be bummed when I have enough and don't have that excuse to learn more about the area and the folks in it.

Have to think about where I want to go next... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment